info | Sidhe & Faery | Other types
of 'kin | Life & majik as otherkin | Otherkin
community | Glamourbombing | Books & media | Articles & interviews | Links
l i n k i f i c a t i o n
General otherkin info | Elves, Faery, Sidhe, and Tuatha De Danann | Dragons | Angels | Miscellaneous types | Miscellaneous websites
Please note that I'm increasingly having to rely on the Archive.org Wayback Machine and the various Geocities archive sites (Oocities, Reocities, Geocities.ws) as more and more otherkin web pages fall offline (especially ones that had been resources ten or twenty years ago) and there are fewer new ones to replace them. One of the pitfalls of this, though, is that not all sub-pages on a site may exist in the snapshot. C'est la vie.
See also the community page for lots more links to mailing lists, forums, events, etc.
In the interests of reducing visual clutter, I haven't used the "offsite link" indicator for these links. They're all external.
General Otherkin Info
- Otherkin.net - Under new management as of late 2016. Still alive and kicking (since 2000)!
- Old Otherkin.net - Since not all of the content has yet been migrated to the new Otherkin.net, although this is considerably out of date (last updates in 2007), it is still a good resource and valuable for historical interest. I also recommend:
- Otherkin Resource Center - definitely a relic by this point!
- Jarandhel's personal site Dreamhart has a Revised Otherkin FAQ and its own growing list of otherkin resources. Be sure to explore the Archives section.
- Orion Scribner's otherkin research - Orion has put a lot of work into documenting community history and cataloging items of relevance to otherkin "culture", such as books mentioning otherkin and our specialized community jargon. I particularly recommend:
- Darkfang Archive is "A curated database of various sites, writings, and social spaces regarding Otherkin, Therianthropy and Real Vampirism", spanning more than 20 years of internet history.
- Kinhost.org's Otherkin FAQ - please do mind the somewhat old date on this. Like many communities, the way we talk about our experiences has changed somewhat over the years.
- The Lostkin Project is for those who
have no specific memories of other existences, and/or carry over no special
abilities from other lives.
- Embracing Mystery has articles on otherkin, magick, energy work, religion, and meditation.
- Realmscape has articles
as well as some artwork, poetry, etc.
- Otherkin Phenomena
- FaeBorn & Astral Entities
articles at House Eclipse, a vampyre House
- The Lair of the Hidden
- Theories of Causes of Otherkin
- Articles on Awakening at Spiritualitea
- Beyond Awakening: Otherkin Beyond the Basics
- Catalogue of Nonhuman Communities - Orion has since said this is not what they would write today and they see errors in it. However, it can be useful in disentangling the differences between otherkin, therians, furries, etc.
- Otherkin and the Pagan Community
- Academic works and documentaries about otherkin and therians
- The Reincarnation Theory of Otherkin
- Is there a way to tell if your memories are actually memories or not?
- Finding your kintype/theriotype
- Stupid Binaries - on the divide between "spiritual" and "psychological" otherkin
- Not of this world: an otherkin primer
- Various theories and the like...
- Advice for those new to Otherkin
Elves, Faery, Sidhe, and Tuatha De Danann
Related, similar, but not the same thing... except when we are! (*evil grin*) The roots of today's general otherkin community are mainly traceable back to early forays online by elven folk looking for others like themselves.
- The Silver Elves - One of the earliest groups to be public about being elven, formed in 1975. If you are interested in community history, I highly recommend their books collecting the original letters of the Elf Queen's Daughters and their own successor, the Magical Elven Love Letters.
- The Elf Queen's Daughters and the Silver Elves
- Sidhe, Fae, Elves - on similarities and differences between these
- Rialian's site Synesthesia Symbiosis is
a personal view on being elven. The section Elven Realities has WebRing code that may take over and redirect you to the ring hub when you try to access it for the first time. I find that loading the page a second time (from your browser's address bar, not by refreshing) usually works.
- The Elven Portal (same problem with WebRing as Elven Realities; try loading the page twice)
- Tië Eldalieva (The Elven Path) - "Based on the Elven Viewpoint in JRR Tolkien's Middle-Earth Stories"
- An Sithean (A Faery Hill)
- The Touch of Fae
- Tuatha De Danann Memories
- Sidhe/Tuatha de Danaan [sic] - from the old Otherkin.net; I couldn't find it yet on the new site
- The Elenari Nexus - sorry about the, ah, vintage web design here.
- The Starlit Ones - "...Elves and Sidhe who have come here to live among humans as mortals in this world. ...distinguishes these beings from the ones who live beyond the veil. ... a particular type of Elf or Sidhe who is of the Earth, yet also of the Stars, and is aware in both the terrestrial and celestial realms."
- On Elves: The Elven Way
- Faery vs. Nature Spirits
- Exodus of the Sidhe - a Biblically based take on the sidhe
Not all dragons consider themselves otherkin, though they usually can fit the (narrower) definition of being a mythic non-human. Some prefer to hang out with therianthropes, considering themselves to also be a kind of animal. The term "theriomythic" can describe folk like dragons (or gryphons, etc.) who are mythic but with a significant "bestial" experience. Dragons are numerous enough they can be considered a community of their own, with different roots than the general otherkin community.
There are many more types of otherkin, of course... these just happen to be a few I have links for!
- Glamourbombing: Intro & FAQ - faery-flavored "poetic terrorism"
- Otherkin Reiki
- Rebuilding the Gateways - "It has been spoken from the time of our arrival that we would go back from whence we came."
- The Otherkin Avatar Project - "Avatar" here means embodiment of certain archetypal concepts of otherkin – nothing to do with the film Avatar! (This link is currently broken due to, apparently, a hiccup in Rending the Veil's Wordpress install; in the meantime, try an Archive.org snapshot.) Here's a blog post discussing some of the content of the ritual.
- Faeids: Your Gateway to the Fae - "Faeids are those selected by the Fae living in the Otherworld (Middle Earth, Tir Na nOg, Faerieland, etc.) to help prepare for “the Great Awakening”. These are Humans, Faeries, or Faerie/Human Breeds (changelings) or those communicated with by Faeries for the purpose of bridging the gap that has developed between humans and Faeries long ago."
Back to the main otherkin page
last updated 2/04/2017